Are you only beginning your own journey in cooking your own meals? If so, it’s handy to have the right kitchen tools so that your meal prep goes as planned. But, there are kitchen gadgets that aren’t worth your money. Some of them are more likely to end up collecting dust on a shelf in your house. To avoid that, here are a few kitchen gadgets we’d like to recommend for your very own kitchen. This is for the person who wants to make sure that their kitchen is filled with things that are truly worth their money.
- Pressure cookers (similar to an Instant Pot) are a popular choice among many. A pressure cooker can easily make meals in half the time needed by a typical slow cooker. Home-cooked meals? No questions asked; a pressure cooker will get the job done in no time.
- Air fryers are small, concentrated ovens that produce crisp skin-on fries, meats, veggies, and more without the oil of frying food. It’s a healthier option for cooking, and it allows you to prep food faster, too!
- No kitchen is complete without a blender. But if big bulky blenders aren’t your thing, you can opt for a small blender like a Ninja or Nutribullet, or even an immersion blender instead. These blenders are smaller and easier to manage and can make individual portions, too.
- Waffle irons are amazing for making waffles, but they can do other things, too! You can cook hash browns, omelets, grilled cheese, and even cookies in a waffle iron. A waffle iron is a great multi-purpose tool you’ll use often!
- A wok is a sauté pan that has a rounded bottom and smooth sides. You can always stick to a few pots and pans, but if you plan to make stir-fry, sauces, soups, etc., a wok is an absolute way to go. Their long handles let you hold it over a burner and shake and stir the food inside, heating the ingredients quickly and evenly. Though it takes time to practice using a wok, after you’ve learned how to use it effectively, it will easily become essential to you.
- If you’re into avocados, then your kitchen will need an avocado slicer. When opening and slicing avocados, it’s best to be careful since they can often be slippery — especially when you use knives. An avocado slicer is the safer way not only to open an avocado but to remove the pit and shell and create perfect-sized slices, too.
- Do you make use of canned food whenever you cook? Then your kitchen will benefit from a simple but essential canopener. Don’t get the cheap ones; only get the ones that are good quality, yet affordable. This will save you a lot of trouble later down the line. These ones are the ones that will quickly break or fail instead of lasting you years.
- Finally, give your kitchen the gift it didn’t know it needed — a swivel peeler. Do you find yourself cooking a lot of potatoes, squash, carrots, or other vegetables? It’s a good, quality peeler that fits snug in your hand while easily slicing through a vegetable’s thick outer skin. What a swivel peeler does is it automatically adjusts to your handling angle, making it very easy and efficient to peel whatever it is you’re using it on!
Is the kitchen your primary objective in a home? Don’t forget to ask about it when speaking with our Indianapolis property managers about our available rental homes.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.